PixelJunk Monsters 2 :D (Please)

Hey All,

I was utterly heartbroken to see Racers 2 and Shooter 2 without Monsters 2.

Seriously Heartbroken.

I mean really...Racers 2 I get but Shooter 2? Why so soon?
Many of my friends and I love Monsters and have rainbow-ed every level just before that crazy update came out and we had to rainbow all of the levels again (to get golden rainbows).

I seriously love this game almost more than life itself (which is required to play Monsters, unless there's some zombie edition...).

What would it take for Monsters 2?

I could pay you in blood perhaps? :m?: :m?: :m?:

Really though, to make a sequel for a game that just came out (Shooter), leaves me scratching my head. Your PJM/PJE fans are in need of more Monsters/Eden love. :hrt:

I hope to see sequels of these soon :D :gem: :gem: :gem:

Ryan

PSN ID: rlelek

Re: PixelJunk Monsters 2 :D (Please)

ryanlelek wrote:I could pay you in blood perhaps? :m?: :m?: :m?:

O.o eep! :D

The way I see it, Shooter 2 roughly equals Shooter Encore... so it fits with the rest of the PixelJunk series timelines. However, I am so completely on board with more Monsters! It seems that everyone is just clamoring for more! :mt03 :tiki1:

I agree! We absolutely need more monsters!

We cannot wait anylonger - the wife and I have completely everything in Monsters and Encore - we need more. If nothing else, at least the levels from the PSP version!

Dylan, I have been silent for long enough! When will we have more monsters? :gem:

Well, we have released Monsters in some form or other every year, but this year we are taking a bit of a rest. The PSP version didn't do as well as we hoped so we're giving it a bit of a break so we can come up with even more fresh ideas. We will come back to it though!

PSN ID: PixelMeister

i'm really sad 'cos Monsters is just one of the more interesting and cool game on the PS3...

please Dylan, note this somewhere for the fresh ideas of the forthcoming new Monsters ;-) :

- 4 players mode (ccoperative and vs)
- online mode (to play with my sister in another town)

but i'm sure that you will find a lot of new features for this major game...

merci beaucoup !!!

f e w
few

With no disrespect intended; have you ever considered releasing the deluxe version for the PS3 and not just the PSP? I for one would pay to buy it (again). My buddy and I, well actually the whole household, enjoy this game and the remix from the Deluxe version would be a big hit here.

That would be great if the deluxe would be released on the PS3. I would buy it in a heartbeat and any other monsters released. The only reason I haven't bought the PSP Monsters is because I don't have a PSP. This game is one of the only reasons I would want to buy a PSP, but it's hard to justify buying it for just this game, I am tempted though. :D I keep hoping that the deluxe will be a new download available every time I check PSN's new releases.

I feel the same way, Shadow, seriously... Everyday when I look at the news sites I hope that there will be Pixeljunk Monsters news! :D

I am all for an amazing sequel - no doubt about it - but I will not buy a PSP for the benefit of ONE game - please, pretty please - let's have the nine missing levels from Deluxe!

When you announce this and the sequel it will be a day of joy for the wife and myself. :gem:

MortenSkov wrote:I am all for an amazing sequel - no doubt about it - but I will not buy a PSP for the benefit of ONE game - please, pretty please - let's have the nine missing levels from Deluxe!

When you announce this and the sequel it will be a day of joy for the wife and myself. :gem:

You and me both, buddy. As much as it pains me to know there's more unplayed content out there... it's simply not worth paying $200 for.

Dylan wrote:Well, we have released Monsters in some form or other every year, but this year we are taking a bit of a rest. The PSP version didn't do as well as we hoped so we're giving it a bit of a break so we can come up with even more fresh ideas. We will come back to it though!

are you kidding!? it got 9.0 on IGN! more people would have got it if it was ps3, cause more people have a ps3 than psp :mt02: :mt05: i would have it but its psp :(

PSN ID: boulderax1

sry that last post was a bit mean, anyways i have deluxe now and its awesome, I just want some customize mode, like unlock new shells for tikiman or something, i would play it alot more, PLZ MAKE IT.

PSN ID: boulderax1

I have to say, I would also buy deluxe on PS3. I love playing on the PSP, but monsters on a big screen is the best!! Sad to hear monsters didn't do so well on the PSP, but I will say its the first thing I bought when I got my PSP!!

I echo ryanlelek sentiment entirely. Tried the online version and it just isn't as fun as playing with a PS3 controller on a big 1080 TV.

Please, please, please let the PS3 be the update you're working on now. It doesn't even have to be that novel. Just want more levels or a port of Monsters Deluxe to the PS3.

Thanks in advance.

We hear ya, Kerbumble. More Monsters on PS3 is a request we get on a pretty consistent basis! :mrgreen:

Our latest update IS for PixelJunk Monsters Online. We're tinkering with Monsters Online to try some new things now. We hope everyone will give it a shot again when the update is released.

PS3 Monsters is still on our radar, but it's just a blip for now.

PSN ID: p0rk1ns

Heyyo...

p0rk1ns wrote:We hear ya, Kerbumble. More Monsters on PS3 is a request we get on a pretty consistent basis! :mrgreen:

Oh man, so what is it then? You just couldn't care less what your users want or you just don't want to make a sequel because you feel that you need to reinvent something for some crazy strategic reasoning, even though the product came out perfect on the first try and therefore did not need to be reinvented at all.

I am really sorry for the harsh words but I just don't get it. It makes me sad and upset at the same time. So many people are in love with this product and that number could grow big time every day if you would just start to care about what your users are telling you. Isn't this what the software business should be all about theses days?

Again, please excuse my little rant here but not having at least a few new maps and monsters for the PS3 version is seriously f****** up a lot of people's christmas holidays. The FB version is not what people love, they want to play this on their HD TV sets and as I said, you already had it right...

Anyways, thank you for listening and thank you for a very cool and well designed game.

Best of luck and all!
Bruiser

Hi Bruiser! (aptly named, I must say :D )

First off, thanks for the high praise! I'm sure everyone on the Monsters PS3 team would blush from hearing that they've made the 'perfect game.' :)

To address the request, I didn't mean to make light of Kerbumble's - or anyone's request - for more Monsters on PS3. And I apologize if I came across that way. :PJ13:

As much as we'd like to pump out more content for PixelJunk Monsters on the PS3, the size of our studio makes it difficult. I'm sure Dylan has chimed in on the forums and other social media about this before. We're a small, independent outfit here in Kyoto. We don't have one of the big three putting wind into our sails, nor any of the major publishers, so we've got to be careful how we allocate our development resources.

As our community guy, I'm as bummed as you guys are about the fact that we can't do a bunch of DLC for Monsters or any of the other PixelJunk games. But being here in the studio and seeing first hand the awesome stuff we are working on(!!), I'm going to give them a pass (for the time being, lol).

There are lots of things in the kettle here. And I'm super excited that we'll get to show off some of that in the upcoming weeks!

PSN ID: p0rk1ns