PixelJunk™ Racers

trophy patch? please?

Racers is the only game my husband and I have yet to buy from the PixelJunk series. Eden was the reason we bought our PS3, and we played and it Encore until we got (almost) all the trophies. We just did the same with Monsters. The only thing holding us back from Racers was the lack of trophies (though lossless audio would help sweeten the deal as well).

Can we look forward to a trophy patch at some point? Pretty please? :)

Re: trophy patch? please?

That would be awesome! I doubt it will happen, but maybe before PixelJunk series 2 comes out they'll release the patch just to cap off series 1?
100% official
100% bullshit

PSN ID: Denalin

It does seem a shame that it is the only PixelJunk title to not have trophies. Maybe Rhod -> we should have a think about it? :PJ11:

I just noticed that we also need some more Racers smilies for the forums.

PSN ID: PixelMeister

Dylan wrote:It does seem a shame that it is the only PixelJunk title to not have trophies. Maybe Rhod -> we should have a think about it? :PJ11:

How about Racers Encore? You could also make a bundled re-release of the series to get interest from new PS3 owners who missed the initial release.
100% official
100% bullshit

PSN ID: Denalin

yeah... racers is the only one that doesnt have "encore" pack! (until shooter, that will be available today :D )

PSN ID: AkumaZetto

I'd love a Racers trophy patch, too. I'm sure it's not an insignificant undertaking, though.

Racers is the only PixelJunk game I hadn't bought. I enjoyed the demo, but got sidetracked. Tonight I will be remedying that, though, by picking it up alongside Shooter just to make it an extra PixelJunk-y evening. :) And of course, to throw a few bucks to the good cause that is the PJ team.

PSN ID: andy787

I was just thinking about this earlier today -- Racers is the only PixelJunk game I've yet to purchase, as well...

i want a trophy patch too! i'm buying the 3 in 1 bundle pack "starting december 22th" and i want to have the 3 games with trophies! also i'm looking forward to pixel junk shooter...i'm new to the series =P

I have actually just recently bought racers, and i like it, but its really best enjoyed with friends, so i usually have a friend :PJ11: or two :PJ11: playing with me, but one of the few things not persuading me to play it more is trophies (and online multi-player, but thats not what this thread is about). so, i will add my name to this 'petition' for racers trophies ;)
Keepin' The PixelJunk Vibe alive~

PSN ID: Zezzler

Hey!

Big Pixeljunk fan here, Eden and Shooter are two of my favourite psn games.

Wanna throw my name into this 'petition' for pixeljunk racers trophies. It was my first PSN game and what brought me to the franchise in the first place but it just doesnt get the love it deserves without trophies. I'm sure with a little lovin' it'll give sales a good boost. Feels a shame to let your debut flagship title be the ugly stepchild!

Heck while your at it can I request a Racers Encore? ;)

Please go about remedying this travesty! :D

it definitely seems we should look into it - I wonder if Sony would cover the debugging cost..

PSN ID: PixelMeister

Well if Sony don't just give us a bank account to put the money into. ;)

I'm a bit biased obviously, but in all honesty would it not be profitable to create a small encore pack for it to release at the same time as the patch? That way you'll be able to add some extra revenue and cover the costs of the patch and the dlc at the same time (and hopefully even make a profit)?

I'd imagine with both a dlc pack and a patch release at the same time you could create alot of interest in racers again, treat it maybe as a rerelease with a blog post and a little psn advertising?

Again, not my forté but that'd be my suggestion. :D

I took the liberty to contact TSA, hopefully with a little more support Dylan and the crew can get it done. :P

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/12/ ... ideration/

i bought racers but haven't played it a great deal, trophies might help me back into it and i'msure if you got a pixeljunk section of the store, 'all with trophies' would look great on it:)
ImageImageImage

PSN ID: addyjones1234

lol there seems to be demand :)

PSN ID: joushikijin

I picked Racers up with Shooter because it was the only PixelJunk game I hadn't bought, and I'm really happy I did. It's a really fun quick burst game, and the visuals and sound are, as usual, really well done. Very fun game.

I know Sony's got to have a considerable QA staff considering the massive line of credits that go along with every game they publish. I remember thinking it was kind of funny seeing the long list of SCE credits that came after games like Everyday Shooter and Flow/Flower. Maybe you could pitch it to them as an added value for the 3-pack, Dylan? I think they know very well that trophies sell games.

PSN ID: andy787

Dylan wrote:it definitely seems we should look into it - I wonder if Sony would cover the debugging cost..

Hi Dylan,

I want to add my voice in support of a Races trophy patch.

You guys have clearly created a successful brand (Monsters helped with that), and if a Racers update is in the cards, I'd suggest you do it. People will buy the game now purely for the name PixelJunk.

Good luck.

A long time ago, I sent a email asking for a "Racers Encore" pack. Dylan replied that maybe when series 2 starts.

Now I'm thinking... The series 2 will be a sequel to existing games? Like Racers 2, Monsters 2, Eden 2? Or will be new games?

PSN ID: AkumaZetto

I realize that the people posting on this forum represent an insignificant size of the general population, but I also want to voice my opinion for trophy support. Racers is the only game that I don't own in the PJ series. $4.99 w/ trophies would push me over the edge in purchasing it.

Dylan wrote:it definitely seems we should look into it - I wonder if Sony would cover the debugging cost..

I think they would, after all you have an amazing support for Sony.

Bahamut44 wrote:I took the liberty to contact TSA, hopefully with a little more support Dylan and the crew can get it done. :P

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/12/ ... ideration/

*claps*

PSN ID: Luillin

PixelJunk™ Racers